Friday, December 21, 2007

Some things must end..

I awoke bright and early, well should I say dark and early, at 4:30am. I made my way up the Mesa towards the cafe around 5am. The dark sky above me allowed the stars vibrancy to shine down upon me. A few shooting stars made their way through the western skyline. It was a beautiful 15 minute walk that allowed me to reflect on the last few months. Today will be the last day in the kitchen with the current apprentice group. Tomorrow will find most of them traveling back home to pick up where they left off in early September. Some will go travel to places like India, and Guatamala. The following people, Tammy, Alicia, Anita, Susan, Nirvana, Remedy, AJ, Wesley, Catherine, and Willa, came to the Tree as strangers but will now leave as family. Now pioneers in the raw food movement, the will hopefully shine light onto the world. I hope I was an inspiration to them. I hope that my interaction with them over the last few months has given them a bit of self confidence to go out and teach the public about the benefits of live foods.
Working side by side with these beautiful people has taught me a few things as well. I have learned to be more loving and more compassionate towards others. Knowing that all people come from different backgrounds and all possess different skills. Each person, whether they know it or not, posses powerful skills and have amazing abilities to transform their lives. They have taught me to be myself and teach from the heart.
I am so grateful to have been able to share my life with this group. I know I will be in contact with them for a long time. Thanks for the laughs, the muffins, blueberry pancakes, photos, chants, long walks, and journeys through Tuscon. God Bless you all on your travels!
Namaste

No comments: