Monday, February 4, 2008

Snow in the desert

Today I was greeted with possibly my only encounter with snow for the year. At around 10am I was finishing up a 45 minute taper run bare chested and in shorts. By 10:30, it was full on cold, windy rain followed by flurries. Although we are in the desert and only 20 miles from Mexico, Patagonia is 4000+ feet in elevation. It was a beautiful site to see the surrounding mountains covered in snow. I can't say that I miss winter in New England, but the inner child in me always appreciates a good snow fall.



Laura and I headed to Tuscon for an amazing Bikram class. I generally wake up pretty stiff, so I always get more out of an evening yoga class. Having a full day to move my body around allows me to go deeper into postures and work my body even more. Afterwards we headed to Casbah to listen to some music and have smoothies and raw chocolate. The perfect way to end the night!

No comments: