Sunday, March 30, 2008

The HAT Run 2008

So I went into my second running of Maryland's HAT Run 50k, quite unsure of how I would fair. For one, Saturdays temperatures we around 35-40 degrees by time the race started. This made my body quite uncomfortable since coming from Arizona, where over the last month I was usually running without a shirt on. With close to 3000 miles of driving under my belt over the last week, my body was a bit tweaky and tight especially in the legs.

I thought I would take this race as a training run, but like always, when the race starts and runners start pushing, it's hard to just take it easy. My goal was to run the first half of the race so that I could give and equal if not better performance come the second half. Generally I do the opposite. I go out hard and seem to fade off come the latter part of the race.

As time went on and my body warmed up, I felt better and better. My legs felt loose and strong which enabled me to run more hills than I was normally use to doing. Fueled on rasin soak water and bananas, I finished the 32 miles in 5hrs and 5 minutes.

I also want to congradulate Iggy and SilentRunner for completing their first Ultra. Other finishers were Mr. Bimble, Forrest, Bounce, Downhill and Ultra. Much love to Guthrie, Oddjob and Karen for their support!!

4 comments:

New Horizons! said...

congrats raisin boy xx

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

carb rotation diet -
catch spouse cheating -
cb affiliate blueprints -
combat the fat -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
cure angular cheilitis -
directory of ezines -
dirty talking guide -
dish tv for pc -
dog training online -
domain sales machine -
driver robot -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy tech videos -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
error killer -
error smart -
evidence eraser -
evidence smart -
fatburningfurnace -
fat burning furnace -
fatloss4idiots -
fat loss 4 idiots -
fitnessmodelprogram -
fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
flatten your abs -
flat to fab -
forex derivative -
gas 4 free -

Anonymous said...

regi cleanse -
registry easy -
registry winner -
reg sweep -
reverse mobile -
reverse phone detective -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket piano -
rocket spanish -
satellite tv to pc -
smtp 2 go -
spam bully -
spyware nuker -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the stop snoring exercise program -
the super mind evolution system -
trading stock indices -
truth about abs -
turbulencetraining -
turbulence training -
twitter annihilation -
twitter rockstar -
twitter traffic machine -
ultimate content creator -
ultimate font download -
ultimate wow guide -
video piggy -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
web investigator -
win clear -