Friday, October 19, 2007

Recipes For the Masses!!

Just to give you an idea of how massive the food quantities were at the Raw Spirit Festival, I thought I would Share one of the recipes with you.
Spirit Fest Granola
In many large buckets combine,
250lbs sprouted buckwheat
50lbs raisins
25lbs mulberries
25lbs goji berries
25lbs shredded coconut
5lbs mesquite
Although putting together some of these recipes seems a bit boring or monatinious, I have never had so much fun in the kitchen as I did over the past 2 weeks. We had a Bad Ass crew who were willing to go the extra mile to make this the largest raw food event in history. Feeding over 2000 people at once was slightly hectic, but every person in the kitchen had a smile on their face and sang, laughed, and joyfully fulfilled the required duties throughout the weekend. Ela, Cosmo, Richard, Ashley, Gabrielle, and so many other amazing beings entered my life for the first time last week. An immediate bond was formed and I now we will all be working again in the future. This lifestyle has brought people together in ways I have never witnessed before. Strangers have come together so quickly. It's like we have known eachother for years. We form a synergistic bond that allows us to be the best person we can be. We lose the fears around eachother and know that the only expectation have have for eachother is that we be our true selves.
I must thank Bruce Horowitz of the Sun Kitchen, who trusted me to be a leader on his team, and for bringing us all together.
Blessings

No comments: